Did you know that keeping up with your diet is helpful to keeping up with your oral health? Well, it’s true. Here at Preferred Dental Care in Los Alamitos, California, we offer oral diet tips to share with you, so you know the important items to always keep in your diet for a healthy and radiant smile. These items are:
1. Water is your best friend. Drinking water is not only essential to live, but also essential to oral health. Water washes food particles away along with bad bacteria. Water also keeps conditions like halitosis and dry mouth at bay.
2. Dairy contains protein and calcium. Dairy is low in sugars and high in calcium. This strengthens your teeth and provides you with positive oral health.
3. Fruits and vegetables are essential. Everyone knows fruits and veggies help your entire body. Yet, because they are low in sugars and high in fibers they balance out to help clean your teeth and promote saliva production to wash away harmful food particles and acids.
4. Nuts contain protein and are low in carbohydrates. The proteins and minerals found in nuts do not add risk to cavities in your smile. That is because of the acid-producing bacteria from the carbs found within the nuts making them a healthy treat for your teeth.
5. Lean proteins provide low sugar and healthy results. Proteins are very healthy for your smile, especially when they are low in sugar as well. Having lean proteins can strengthen your teeth promoting excellent oral health.
With these items in your diet, you can keep help keep your oral health thriving. Not only can these foods and drinks keep your smile healthy, but they can keep your entire body healthy too! If you still have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 562-431-1349 to set up an appointment. Our friendly staff is always happy to take your call!